http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YP-ySDycG-w/SvZonKIK0RI/AAAAAAAABAc/OPo92rCunCU/s1600/Chloe+Blue.jpg

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Countdown Continues

Katie had her MRI last week and everything was perfect!  Now if only we could get her to sleep.  She does great during the day for the most part but starts to fight the cast in her sleep. It is extremely frustrating.  We had several BBQ's over the Fourth of July weekend and it was difficult to keep her cool.  I almost got a little depressed yesterday when I realized we weren't even through the third week which is also 25% of the way.  It was enlightening to know that she would only have to be in the cast for two weeks after I go back to work. That will help a lot except I will have to take some time off during those two weeks to remove the cast. As soon as we get a yard in we will be able to spend more time outside.  Hopefully that will happen in the next week or two.  I am seeing great improvements in Garrett's speech since I have been home and have been working with him.  He just started talking in short simple sentences using gestures and of course help from mom.  We are thinking about going camping the last week in July.  I am a little hesitant because of the bugs, heat and dirt.  But Katie will get her cast changed on August 1 so if we get it dirty the week before it won't be such a big deal.  The sleeping issue is actually more worrisome to me than the dirt.  This whole process has been difficult.  I can't help but laugh when the Doctor told me that kids adjust and are resilient when in the cast. Katie, however, is one of those kids that voices her opinion loudly every chance she gets and doesn't necessarily think she needs to be happy in the cast.  Some friends came over last night and I was watching Katie as she was watching their ten month old baby crawl around almost with a look of envy.  Then he came and crawled all over her and she thought that was great.   We had a great day yesterday.  We all got some sleep the night before and Katie was content in her bean bag chair for most of the day.  She took great naps and did well eating Sweet Potatoes.  I know that nurse told me to wait but Katie has been waking up in the middle of the night hungry so I decided to start her on food very slowly.  She finally quit gagging and has starting opening her mouth a little.  Her little cheeks are getting so fat.  She will look funny when all this is done with fat cheeks and skinny little legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment