http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YP-ySDycG-w/SvZonKIK0RI/AAAAAAAABAc/OPo92rCunCU/s1600/Chloe+Blue.jpg

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Countdown Begins!

I thought I was prepared for Katie's surgery.  I stocked up on diapers, pillows, a bean bag chair, formula, and groceries.  I was keeping a positive attitude and was ready for this surgery to be over with so I could jump in with both feet and start caring for Katie in the cast.  The hospital called today to ask all the pre-op questions and tell me everything that I could expect the day of surgery and I fell apart.  I am not ready to see Katie in the body cast for the first time.  I have done lots of research this week and have looked at numerous pictures of kids in body casts but I know that it will be nothing like seeing my own baby in a cast.  Several of my questions were answered.  I am so glad they will provide a car seat so that is one less thing to worry about.  We have such an amazing support system.  Our church is providing meals the first week we are home so I can focus solely on Katie.  Then we have amazing parents that will be with us every step of the way.  I know that all will be fine.  I just need to get through Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment